Monday, February 2, 2009

PRESENT PERFECT TENSE. (3)

A verb form made with (have or has) + the Past Participle.

The Present Perfect expresses an action that began in the past and continuous into the present we often use the present perfect to show the connection between the past and the present.

We have had this flat since 1954.
I’ve studied English all my life.

To express an action that happened in the past when no
specific past time is mentioned:

I have read that book.
We often use time words with the Present Perfect Tense.
Since, for, already, never, yet, once, twice, ever, always, often.


I have = (aiv) I’ve
You have = (yu:v) You’ve

He has = (ji:s) He’s
She has = (shi:z) She’s already eaten.
It has = (its) It’s

We have = (ui:v) we’ve
You have = (yu:v) You’ve
They have = (dei:v) They’ve)


Grammar note: “he’s” means “he is” and “he has”
“she’s” means “she is” and “she has”
“it’s” means “it is” and “it has”

No comments: